The Fund has been created to take care of free treatment costs of extremely poor patients.
Vidya Nagar, Signal Camp,
Latur. 413512 Maharashtra.
Phone : +91-2382-45901/2/3
email : email@example.com
Vivekanand Cancer Hospital
Plot No P-55, MIDC,
Kalamb Road, Latur. 413531
Phone : +91-2382-222920 / 221920
email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is a specialized school for cerebral palsy and mentally retarded children.
- It is run by Jan Kalyan Samiti which is closely related to Vivekanand Hospital.
We have remained associated with its activities since it’s inception.
Here, efforts are made to improve the quality of life of the students by teaching them life skills, by using very special methods. They are subjected to physiotherapy, some surgical procedures and speech therapy.
In the begriming, the school was established in the premises of our cancer hospital.
The surgeries needed by the children are carried out in the camps held in VHL.
- It is a support group of cancer patients, formed by VHL.
- The members of the group gather together regularly to support each other by sharing their experiences regarding the disease and the treatment.
- Speeches by expert doctors are organized to guide them regarding nature of the disease, its treatment and prognosis.
By knowing the true nature of the disease, details of treatment and prognosis, many patients show positive change in their attitude and awareness regarding the over all problem.
The group also works as a counselling service for the members.
Fear and apprehension regarding the disease are the two major factors of concern.
By counselling, these factors could be abated to a large extent.